Monday, June 18, 2007

NASMOTO: Dave Arnold Race Report

NASMOTO OHIO GRAND PRIX

SMX 450 1st place
SMX 250 2nd place.

I made a last minute decision to head to Ohio for some practice at the
Nasmoto race in Circleville. In the 250 Paul Allison was smooth and error
free winning the 250 final with me on his tail and in the 450 final I
holeshot from the second row and led for 4 laps until I left the door open
in the dirt section allowing local rider Andrew Hyder to jump into the lead.

Hyder led until receiving the 2 laps to go signal which apparently he
mistook for the white flag. Believing he was getting the checkers Hyder
pulled a victory wheelie while the white flag was waiving and then shut off,

I kept it pinned and shot by, led the last lap and took the win.

Ah sometimes it's good to be the wily old vet.

My hats off to the kid though, he was pretty damn fast on his hometown
practice track and he rode a clean race as did Paul Allison in the 250.

Burkhart was there to support his friend who was the promoter, rode practice

but chose not to race.

Thanks for your support.

DA.

No comments:

Post a Comment