Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tpro Forcefield Body Armor Reviews


Collection of Reviews provided for the TPRO Forcefield Body Armor line of body protection.

BUY TPRO BODY ARMOR HERE



I just wanted to provide some positive feedback after testing your T-Pro back protector out for real on Sunday whilst racing at Snetterton.

I had a relatively low speed highside in the wet which threw me head first over the front of the bike, causing me to somersault and land flat on my back, taking the full impact through my Crowtree leathers and your T-Pro back protector, which I have owned for about a year now and never go out on track without, even when I am rushing to get out for a race.

Although the crash speed was relatively low (I estimate about 25-30 mph), I know from experience that doesn’t matter with highsides as I previously broke my collarbone and ribs, collapsed a lung and moved my heart sideways from a 50mph highside.

In this crash, I took the full impact on my back, having done a full somersault (according to the marshals, who gave me 9 out of 10) and missed my helmet hitting the ground. The impact knocked the wind right out of me, but despite not having a great back to start with, I didn’t suffer any injuries at all, maybe just a bit of minor internal soft tissue bruising or soreness due to the sudden stop.

I then went out on track later the same morning and set a new lap record for our class (700cc Streetstock with NG Road Racing club).

It was also good to know that when having my made to measure leathers made up at Crowtree in Lincolnshire, we were discussing body armour and when I told them I had a T-Pro back protector, they quite honestly said I didn’t need any more back protection in my suit as that was the best I could buy anyway.

I would also add that with 1 years use (in often sweaty conditions) it is holding up very well and is very comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the offer of a cap, you’ve already done enough by saving me a painful injury, but I’ll wear it around the paddock in appreciation.

One of our users Mr. Olof Ekman made the following comments regarding one of our TPro backs:-

"Your product has also served one of my friends well. Maria a female friend of mine, she is currently training for her motorcycle license. As she has not yet gotten her own gear, she has been borrowing my back. This weekend she had an off during a high speed braking test, resulting in a rather dramatic high-side, which landed her on her head and back. We took her to hospital and did a thorough medical check, with all kinds of X-rays and tests. She was fine. The doctor, examined the back protector and was quite clear in his opinion, that it saved her back. Helmet and jacket were ruined, and had to be replaced, but the back protector is fine and Maria will continue to use it.

Maria wishes, through me, to forward her appreciation and thanks to you, for saving her back. If you could pass this on to the rest of your team I would be grateful." Our Forcefield Back Protector was the focus of an article in Supermoto / Trail Bike Magazine earlier this year (Issue 7 P80). The article text is quoted as follows:-

"When it comes to body armour, few companies can claim to know more than TPro. There's a wealth of armour out there which comes in all shapes and sizes, but the thing that impresses us the most about the TPro gear is that as a company they're continually seeking to improve their products. Whether it be the shape, the fit or the protective qualities of the products they supply, the TPro method of protection seems to work and we reckon two products in the T Pro range would suit super-moto use as well.

1. First up, the Forcefield back protector; for starters it's very comfortable and fits snugly without restriction. But it's much cleverer than that - the outer skin is made from Armourflex, which is a triangular shock-absorbing material while perforated layers of Nitrex foam form a differing density base. Air circulates through the perforations when in use 'pumping' the foam up slightly, aiding energy absorption in an impact. 2. Secondly, the Forcefield Undergarment is available as separate shirt and pants and features more registered trade marks in its construction than anything we've ever seen, using Cordura, Tactel, Coolmax and Lycra. It's designed to be tough yet comfy, dealing with sweat and keeping the body cool, even under the most 'anxious' of conditions, ahem. And, of course, there are pockets for T Pro body armour in the shoulders, elbows, chest, back, knees, shins and hip. The Forcefield backprotector comes in sizes S, M and L, the shirt XS to L and the pants S to L. Verdict: Not over pricey and money well spent."

The Forcefield Undergarment has been tested by experienced riders such as Ivan Mauger (9 times World Champion in Speedway and Long Track) he commented as follows:-

"I’ve been busy getting ready for the World Long Track Championship final Grand Prix that I am promoting in New Zealand on 1st November. I have used the undergarments quite a few times in testing bikes and also I had match races with Phil Crump at the Australian Long Track GP on 18th January and the New Zealand Long Track GP on 25th January. So I have now also tested them under racing conditions. I must say that particularly with Kevlars this kind of protection is a must and the Forcefield undergarment was comfortable, I didn’t realize that I had it on, very light and everything that I want from in the way of protection and ease of use. I would definitely give the Forcefield undergarment my full recommendation."

(motostrano.com stocks the complete line of TPRO BODY armor)

Mick Grant TT champion achieving 7 Isle of Man wins and a further 9 rostrum places finishes :-

Mick Grant has been using the Forcefield Shorts and comments as follows:- "Many thanks for the TPro Shorts. As you know I had a bad fall from my trials bike and made a mess of the muscle in my thigh. If only I had the shorts on before the accident the only injury would have been my pride! I wouldn't dream of riding my trials bike now without the shorts, as far as I'm concerned they are as important a part of my kit as my crash hat. The protective padding is very comfortable as it moulds perfectly to my legs, so well in fact that I'm not aware of them. The breathability makes them comfortable in hot or cold conditions alike. This product is a winner, again many thanks Mick Grant." Jerry D. Finley

Received the Forcefield Back Protector.. Thanks much!!

Thought you guys might want to read my head-to head comparison of a recent back-protector shoot out I made with your Forcefield protector as one of the challengers... It's posted on our website and will be mentioned along with your company's URL in our May newsletter...

Bottom line.. the Forcefield came out on top!!.. Hope it brings you some biz.

Check it out at http://piratesk12site.net/backprotector.htm

Again.. thanks for the fine service.

Regards

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name) Captain / Pirates' Lair Motorcycle Accessories www.PiratesLair.net

Forcefield Back

The Forcefield back has just been strenuously tested for Ride Magazine by one of its riders along with all the other top leading makes of back protector, to give the public the best advice on what to buy. They were graded as to the following:-

Protection - impact tests showed how much force each back protector would absorb.

Testers verdict - covering comfort, fit, design and price.

The results gave the Forcefield back the edge over 14 of its competitors. It was awarded the "Ride Recommended" tag of approval with a final score of 18 out of 20. The road tester was said to have loved it and was quoted as saying "It was comfortable, but reassuringly solid. The Forcefield is made from foam with a flexible rubber-type material to the back. A wide waistband and adjustable shoulder straps mean getting the protector on and off and fitting leathers over the top is a doddle. Good impact testing score throughout."

Dave "Crasher" Cornish Trailbike and Enduro Magazine test rider

I first started using TPro body armour during 1995 and it has quite literally saved my neck on several occasions. The most recent was whilst competing in the Cambrian Rally in Wales. I was aboard the new XR650R when it all went a bit pear shaped.

Flat out in top gear the XR was flying down the fast gravel roads on SS1. Over a blind crest the track suddenly took a sharp right. At this speed my only option was to slow as much as possible and wait for the inevitable big get-off.

I estimate that I was doing around 60mph when I careered of the track and down the boulder-infested hillside. I was thrown over the bars and landed heavily on my back a good 50 feet away from the bike.

Thanks to the spine protection on my TPro armour, I managed to limp away to fight another day.

Unlike most off road armour the flexible construction of TPro moulds to the shape of your body and is much less bulky than the hard plastic roost-guards offered by other manufacturers. This together with a full-length spine protector gives me all the confidence I need whilst crashing TBM test bikes to destruction!

Now with the introduction of the new vented range of protection my only previous criticism of TPro armour being a bit on the hot side has been cured.

My TPro body armour is the first thing that I pack into my gear bag. Quite simply I won't ride without it.

COLIN EDWARDS HAS A 100MPH HIGH SIDE AT ATLANTA AND ...WALKS AWAY

"I thought I was dead" stated Colin during a telephone interview. The 19 year old Vance & Hines factory Rider said that was the only thought going through his mind as he was catapulted into the air at over 100mph after colliding with a slower rider.

Colin a former AMA National Road Racing champ, was dicing for 3rd place during the AMA Superbike Final when the incident occurred. We were in the process of passing lapped traffic in turn two, a 100mph corner. The rider I was passing made a critical mistake. He changed his line! He thought I was passing on his left, and moved to his right... Right in front of me!!!

I grabbed a handful of brake, but the speed differential was too great. The force of the impact stood my bike on the front wheel before I was launched into the air.

When I came down to earth, I initially impacted on my stomach/ chest area. The excessive speeds making me tumble whenever I struck the ground. While I tumbled my bike hit me two or three times. Where I'm not exactly sure. (An observer reported that Colin's crash the bike landed on him a few times as he tumbled back first into a steel Armco barrier). I finally came to rest and got up. I realized that not only did I not have any broken bones, but I also had been conscious the entire time.

"The piece of TPro body armour that helped me most was the chest protector. With it inside the leathers everything feels tight, nothing feeling loose. It's just a safer feeling altogether".

The severe forces generated during the crash were enough to dislodge the inner lining from Colin's Helmet. The tumbling and resulting impacts trashed Colin's leathers and boots. His gloves, which did the job, were replaced. Colin's TPro Body Armour as designed survived the incident and were reused in a set of new leathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment