Thursday, May 13, 2010

Felt HOT Wheels Sixty-8 Cruiser



One hot, I mean, cool bike


Felt makes some pretty cool cruisers. Some may even think they're rad. Perhaps the "king of cool", Felt's "HOT Wheels Sixty-8 Cruiser" model is the epitome of a custom cruiser bicycle in a low-rider style, made awsomely. Known for their use of huge fat tires, the Hot Wheels model is no exception, with the big fat Felt "Thick Brick" white-wall tires front and back. While not quite as huge as the massive 3 inchers on the El Guapo, the Hot Wheels holds it own with a custom paint job, fabricator style framing, disc brakes front and rear and low straight like handle bars. .

I like to picture myself riding this bike on a hot and sunny day, in rush hour traffic, on one of my busier downtown boulevards. I'm wearing a big flat bill cap, big black sunglasses, big tats down my arms, giant comb sticking out the back of my jeans and I have this giant ice cream cone in one hand. Then I slide up to this red light where two dudes on Harleys are sweltering in their leathers and I just look over at them and nod.
The Hot Wheels features a "Rust-Free Aluminum Monocoque Tank Frame" and stuff. And it comes with the "hotwheels' decorative black custom license plates too. It also features an MX-style side stand that fits into the axle. Yea, it's that cool. Way too cool for a regular kick stand.
This bike is a 3-speed with a compact cassette hub w/14mm Axle. No sprockets. Just smooth gearing using the shifter located on the down tube. Like we said. It's cool.
Check out the full range of Felt Cruisers here
Motostrano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment